Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Makeup Review: ColourPop No Filter Concealer

Cult favorite, Colourpop, has once again changed the game by adding a new realm to their makeup repertoire - concealers! After hearing so many stellar reviews of the No Filter Concealer, I just knew I had to give it a try. For $6 dollars, I was a bit skeptical on if this concealer would well, conceal? Like most people, I had acne for the majority of my teenage years and throughout adulthood. Unfortunately I still have scarring as a result :( My makeup routine usually involves color correcting with the ABH Contour Cream Kit in Deep and then using Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande to conceal. The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer does the trick, but the price tag warrants that I use this product sparingly and perhaps should consider other options.

I bought 2 concealers: The top swatch is #70 Deep and the bottom swatch is #65 Rich Tan. 

Pros:
-The No Filter Concealer is creamy and has a great consistency (not too runny or too thick)
-Blending the concealer is super easy and doesn’t require a lot of work irrespective if you’re using a beauty blender or brush.
-The coverage is great as well. You can choose to conceal prior to or after your foundation application.
-The $6 price tag makes this product affordable and accessible, which I’m sure as a college student this is a major plus!

Cons:
-I’m darker skinned, so perhaps this may be relevant to women with similar skin tones, but I don’t like that the top of the concealer is white. When using makeup, you’re bound to get product on your hands. This leaves ample opportunities for the cap to get dirty.
-Though I’m sure this is in the works,  I still would like to see more shade variation, especially for medium to darker skin tones.
Overall, I think this is a great product and recommend Fashionable Collegians to add this to their Christmas list.

Looking forward to seeing what other great items Colourpop has in store!

XO,
Bisi

1 comment:

1. I'm glad to read this blog. I can be more productive whenever to read this kind of blog. I learned a lot. corny pick up lines

ReplyDelete